Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 01:36:24 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Z-Axis Interpreting G-code Z-Axis Program Extents Incorrectly  (Read 551 times)

Contributors:
Any insight provided would be helpful. After about one year of disuse and had to reinstall Mach4 on my PC when started the program and CNC router up again a week ago. I had backed-up my profile. I am using the UC100 controller and all of my settings seem to have been restored. However when I open previous files that I successfully cut, the Z-Axis does not cut below 0.000. The X and Y follow the gcode but the z-axis limits are stuck at 0.000. The gcode instructions dictate a .250 rise to travel to the cutting position--the z-axis does move up .250. However, despite being zeroed at the top of my .750" material, the z-axis does not follow the gcode instructions to cut at successive depths of -.125 , -.250, -.365, etc. I checked the program extents and the calculated minimum and maximum travel distance is .250, which is incorrect. Things that I have tested: 1) my z-axis jogs below 0.000 when I use the keyboard controls and when I use the gui jogging under "Trace". 2) my homing setting under "Configure/Controls" are set to "home in place"; soft limits are disabled. 3)  manually copying gcode into the MDI box produces the same problem--no z-axis travel below 0.000. I have attached screenshots that may be of use. Thank you for your time and any insight you are able to provide.
Re: Mach4 Z-Axis Interpreting G-code Z-Axis Program Extents Incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 04:56:05 PM »
Hi,
if I'm not mistaken Program Extents is in Machine Coordinates.

In the Machine Diagnostics Tab look in the DRO block to see if there is any G92 offset, or in fact any offsets being applied.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 06:57:19 PM »
Thanks for responding. There was a work offset on all three axes. I zeroed it out the Z (by way of remote desktop). There was no G92 offset, though. Actually, just ran the time remotely with the controller and just the software running. Z-axis doesn't drop below zero, still. Program extents shows .250

Hi,

In the Machine Diagnostics Tab look in the DRO block to see if there is any G92 offset, or in fact any offsets being applied.

Craig
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 07:02:24 PM by bcnumber3 »
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 07:03:03 PM »
Thanks for responding. There was a work offset on all three axes. I zeroed it out the Z (by way of remote desktop). There was no G92 offset, though. Actually, just ran the file remotely with the controller off and just the software running. Z-axis doesn't drop below zero, still. Program extents shows .250

Hi,

Craig