Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:09:15 AM

Author Topic: find no hxcusb pod error  (Read 1446 times)

find no hxcusb pod error
« on: June 12, 2022, 08:39:31 PM »

Hello, new user here trying to get my new CNC up and running but am at my wit's end trying to get the driver to work in demo mode. I will gladly purchase a license if  I know it will work but would like to see it work first or would mach4 be a better choice? Don't know if this card will work under 4 or not?   
Will the mach3 demo run using windows 7 and USB driver for WIXXC  card mk4-v version 5.2.6 or will I need a full license before it will work?
Any help would be helpful
Thanks
Re: find no hxcusb pod error
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 08:21:26 PM »
Hi,
my understanding is that XHC products work OK with Mach3. They also make a supposedly Mach4 ready controller, its absolute rubbish, don't waste your money.
In fact I regard all XHC products as rubbish because XHC don not support them. That Mach3 is in Demo mode has no effect, if you can't get it to work in Demo mode
then buying a Mach3 license wont help.

I would do yourself a favor and buy a US or European made controller for which there is support. I Use an Ethernet SmoothStepper  (Warp9 TD)and have done for years. They
have a dedicated forum and a dedicated support person, Andy has been there all seven years I've used the ESS.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 02:56:42 AM »
What have you done to install the driver and what are the symptoms?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 06:56:42 AM »
Thanks for your interest.
I went to Mach3 downloads and found hxcusb download and that seems to have fixed the no hxcusb pod error but now I can't seem to get motors to turn not sure if its pins are wrong or something else.
not sure how to get the correct pinouts or if that is the problem.
I backed up and rewired my rich auto a ll DSP back up.
I have an older driver board and steppers that I got from buildyourcnc.com
and followed the wiring instructions to get one motor turning but I don't know how to figure out what step signals to use.
I am not getting any response to the motor so far.
Thinking about opening up the enclosure to see if there are any indications of pinouts.
Any help would be appreciated if anybody has any knowledge of these controllers.
 controller card wixhc mk4-v
Stepper Motor Driver CW8060
Thanks