Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:01:59 PM

Author Topic: UC 100  (Read 2249 times)

UC 100
« on: June 12, 2022, 03:09:40 AM »
The UC 100, did work with Mach 4 Version Build 4300 of Mach 4.

It quit working when I upgraded to Mach 4 Version Build 4612. It still works with version 4300, and the screen for version 4612 can be copied to the screens folder of version 4300.

I contacted Mach support and was told by them that I had to contact the makers of UC 100 to get them to fix it. It was working until Mach 4 version 4612 blocked it from working.

I asked them if there was any information that they could give me for programming a motion controller. They answered me back by saying that there was no SDK kit for Mach 4.

There actually is a Core API Manual included with Mach 4 in the documents directory.

I also asked Artsoft a question about a subroutine in the Core engine, and I never got a response email message back from them.   

JACK
Re: UC 100
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 01:23:22 AM »
Hi,
it sounds like the plugin that allows the UC100 to talk to Mach4 has slipped out of date.

New Fangled Solutions release new and improving builds of Mach4 regularly, probably weekly. Over a period of time it may happen that some new feature
of Mach will cause the plugin to fail. The plugin is made and maintained by CNCDrive, the manufacturer of the UC100. New Fangled Solutions does not have the source code
for the plugin.

Other external motion controller manufacturers have the same issue. I use an Ethernet SmoothStepper and every once and a while Mach changes to the extent that the ESS plugin
fails and Andy at Warp9 has to update the plugin to keep pace. I assume New Fangled Solutions keep the manufacturers like CNCDrive and Warp9 informed about whats happening
so that they can keep their respective plugins working, but there are gaps.

CNCDrive is more concerned with UCCNC, their own software, rather than Mach4....after all Mach4 is the competition, and it might reasonably be guessed that CNCDrive putb updating
their Mach4 plugin at a lower priority.

If the UC100 works with build 4300, then just keep using it. Is there some feature in the later build 4612 that you need? If not then why bother updating it?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 01:28:24 AM »
Actually it doesn't sound like the Mach 4 plugin for the UC 100 has slipped out of date.

I updated it with the latest Driver made after the newest version of Mach 4.

It's being blocked by Mach 4.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 02:08:08 AM »
Hi,
and how do you suppose Mach4 is 'blocking'  the UC100? And why would Mach do that?
I am assuming the 'latest driver' is the plugin update by CNCDrive? If thats the case then the 'latest driver' is faulty.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 02:36:15 AM »
Your acting like I am some dumb cow.

You fix Mach 4 to work right. It's your job. Not Mine.

You are blocking the connection between the UC100 and Mach 4.

I bought Mach 3, and Mach 4, and UCCNC.

I think Mach 4 is the best.

So fix it or have the buddies at Mach 4 you are defending fix it.

It's not my job, but I am going to be making videos about it on YouTube.  Especially the M6 tool change.

Enough Said.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022, 02:51:19 AM »
Hi,
I said noting insulting, but rather asked the question 'how is Mach4 blocking the UC100?'......thats just question.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 03:00:55 AM »
We will save that answer for the Video.

Here's the real question.

How many of the other motion controller devices that were working with Build 4300 quit working along side of the UC100 after the Mach 4 update.

If Mach 4 were not blocking the UC100, then all of the other devices would have also quit working.

Did that happen ?

This really needs to be fixed instead of what's going on.

Just do it.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2022, 03:35:57 AM »
Hi,

This really needs to be fixed instead of what's going on.

Just do it.

I have nothing to do with New Fangled Solutions, I live 14000 miles away, so I'd rather not take heat for something over which I have no control.
What I am trying to find out is what do you mean Mach4 is blocking the UC100, what do you mean?. Does the UC100 not communicate
or what?

Until a week or so ago I was running 4612,  and had been running that for several months without problem. If Mach were faulty then why would
my installation work but not yours?

When I update the ESS plugin Warp9 specify which version of Mach4 the plugin was complied against, and usually that is the latest stable build of
Mach4 as published on their site. The plugin  build I have now (278) was compiled for 4612. It works as expected, and has done for months.
Does CNCDrive publish for which version their plugin is intended?

I updated to 4866 about a week ago, but still using the same plugin, seems to work OK.

Craig
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 03:40:24 AM »
It doesn't work.

I have multiple UC 100s and multiple pc's and multiple machines.

Art Soft has said it is the UC 100's fault, but it's not.

It's them.
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 03:49:16 AM »
Hi,
do you have one that has not had the latest CNCDrive plugin update?
If so why don't you try that, that is 4612 but with the previous version plugin.

Craig