Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 11:23:47 AM

Author Topic: Is there a way to disallow M03 for specific tool numbers, like the probe?  (Read 463 times)

My little probe has a wire, I am just not cool enough I guess.

I can make the tool change pause and ask the operator to connect the wires or disconnect when unloading. That part was easy. What I am afraid of is there will be a script that will try to machine with the tool number that is the probe.

In my case, the master tool is tool 1 thus the probe is tool one, right? I never want to start machining with my probe by accident so is there a way to check before M03 is executed to see if tool 1 is loaded and abort?

Right now if I execute a script that tries to machine with tool 1 it will ask me to hook the wires up and then it will check if the connection is closed and if so, proceed merrily along to tear up my wire and probe by spinning it up to 24k RPM. I imagine it would make a serious mess.

Thanks!
My little probe has a wire, I am just not cool enough I guess.

I can make the tool change pause and ask the operator to connect the wires or disconnect when unloading. That part was easy. What I am afraid of is there will be a script that will try to machine with the tool number that is the probe.

In my case, the master tool is tool 1 thus the probe is tool one, right? I never want to start machining with my probe by accident so is there a way to check before M03 is executed to see if tool 1 is loaded and abort?

Right now if I execute a script that tries to machine with tool 1 it will ask me to hook the wires up and then it will check if the connection is closed and if so, proceed merrily along to tear up my wire and probe by spinning it up to 24k RPM. I imagine it would make a serious mess.

Thanks!

Check this https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.0