Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:39:51 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 bug - or by design????  (Read 752 times)

Offline Rimmel

•  208 208
    • View Profile
Mach4 bug - or by design????
« on: June 02, 2022, 08:23:29 AM »
I have mach4hobby running (licensed) and a Miller. On the jogging tab the "Jog Rate%" input text-box will not accept any manual input e.g. it if set at 40.0 and I type in 50 and press enter it reverts back to 40.0.

The event is firing as I put a message for screen in it and it shows.

I am using Mach4 Hobby version 4.2.0.4809 with ESS 278.1*  (as recommended by the Warp9td site) see here -> https://warp9td.com/index.php/gettingstarted/setting-up-the-smoothstepper-and-mach4   

I aslo tried this on another machine that was was fiddling with mach4hobby on before purchase, Version 4.2.0.4612 and this works fine, although it is just the simulator as I don't have a machine hooked up to it and that version isn't registered for a license.

I have checked the code and all the settings fo the input box on both machines and they are identical.

Anyone? Developers??

thanks (pics attached)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 08:25:40 AM by Rimmel »
Re: Mach4 bug - or by design????
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 03:27:26 AM »
its problem this forum ,if steve will not back ,this forum value only for very minor simple question ,no real support

Offline Rimmel

•  208 208
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 06:51:11 AM »
Oh - I thought it was their "Support Forum", it even says it in the title "Machsupport.com" and "Machsupport Forum/Mach Discussion/Mach4 General Discussion"

Is theere a way to report bugs officially as a licenced user?

thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 07:06:21 AM »
The default mach screens have some code in the 'On Modify Script'. Replace it with the following:

Code: [Select]
local inst = mc.mcGetInstance()
local val = select(1,...)
mc.mcProfileWriteString(inst, "PersistentDROs", "droJogRate", string.format(val))
return val
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 07:11:46 AM by SwiftyJ »
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 01:50:18 AM »
Hi,
the default behavior of Mach4 as it ships is for the DRO to display the  current applied jog speed, the number internal to Mach4.
Just because you edit the DRO DOES NOT Change the applied jog speed. If you want the DRO to display a different value then address the issue of changing
the applied jog speed, and the DRO will display it.

There are a number of DROs where if you manually edit the value  that value will be 'pushed' onto that property within Mach, this is not one of them.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 07:26:46 AM »
If the Jog DRO is edited it should update the jog speed. It's just that the default code in the 'On Modify Script' is preventing this from happening. I believe there were some changes internally to do with how the On Modify/On Update scripts work and capturing the changed value but the code in the On Modify Script was not updated inline with these changes.

The code in the script can be modified as to what I posted above, or removed completely (not even commented out, you have to delete it). If you remove it you'll just lose the persistent functionality after restarting Mach.

EDIT: looks like even if you remove it, the persistent functionality remains... so it can just be removed completely.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 07:28:46 AM by SwiftyJ »

Offline Rimmel

•  208 208
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 09:45:30 AM »
SwiftyJ - absolutely spot on - thank you very much. It was one of those little anooying thing.

Thanks again