Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 11:57:34 AM

Author Topic: Probing all 4 coners of workpiece problem!  (Read 816 times)

Probing all 4 coners of workpiece problem!
« on: May 26, 2022, 09:08:42 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm new to CNC software and Mach3 in general and need a bit of help. I am making a CNC router which has 2 opposing spindles coming in from both side. This router will be used to panels of wood (7m x 1.5m).

The panels get loaded into the router horizontal and get rotated up to the vertical position. My problem is that when the panels come onto the router they arn't always perfectly square and parallel wit the CNC Routers square axis, and there's no way of knowing how much the panels are off square until they're loaded on to the router. Therefore, the router will run along a straight path but the cut will be going off at an angle on the panel.

I've been looking into methods such as probing and using a touch plate to try get around this issue. Essentially I need to be able to probe around all the corners and edges of the panel to create a new imaginary square zone with this zone  being separate to the actual square coordinate zone of the CNC. I know its possible to use a probe so the CNC can reference off one corner but this method only assumes the edges of the job are straight and square.

My next problem is the G-code I feed the router will assume the piece is parallel with the routers axis when this will not actually be the case and the g code will need to be updated after the 'probing' is completed.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Cheers,
Harry

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
Re: Probing all 4 coners of workpiece problem!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 02:44:32 AM »
I suggest that you have the problem 'on its head' !  I would look at making sure that the workpiece is loaded 'square' or at the very least adjusted to being parallel to the router axis after initial 'loading'.

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: Probing all 4 coners of workpiece problem!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 06:13:20 AM »
basicly you should be able to load your workpice alligned to x or y axis by making some removeable rails or something like this, if not G68 will be your friend.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.