Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:49:58 PM

Author Topic: Loosing X reference after tool change lathe Mach4  (Read 343 times)

Offline Oli81

•  25 25
    • View Profile
Loosing X reference after tool change lathe Mach4
« on: May 24, 2022, 03:01:41 AM »
Hello all

I am only almost finished with my conversion of my Emco 8 as a CNC lathe and now still facing 2 problems where maybe some of you know a solution :)

Actually, everything works, even thread turning is going great.

I work with Mach4, ESS and Fusion 360.

Now for the first problem, although this is less of a problem, more weird.
In the G-code of Fusion 360 it always brings me N16 M0 (CHANGE TO T2 EIN REAR TOOL POST) before the tool change, for example t0101. Now M0 is a programme stop but actually it would be great to execute M5 instead of M0, that would also stop the spindle while toolchange which it does not do with M0. Of course I can adjust it manually in each G-code but it would be great if it does it right. If anyone here knows anything, I would appreciate feedback.

Then to my other problem. I have set up 4 tools in Mach4 with offsets in X and Z and that works great when I use each tool separately. So X0 is always exactly in the middle after I have referenced the X axis. The Z offset also fits and is correct for the tool change. The only thing that always goes wrong is that the X values are lost after a tool change. For example, roughing, finishing with tool 2 then change to tool 3 threading tool. If I then move to X0 with tool 3, it is no longer exactly in the middle and always stops beforehand. So the control says X0 but is more like X1. But if I then make a reference run with the X-axis and then make X0 again, it is exactly right. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Greetings

Oli