Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:58:14 AM

Author Topic: Problem getting mach4 to connect with cnc  (Read 774 times)

Problem getting mach4 to connect with cnc
« on: May 13, 2022, 07:34:41 AM »
I have an avidpro 5x10, bought used but it was first purchased in 2019. Using a MacBook Pro with boot camp to run mach4.

I have ran the scu, I am receiving pings from the cnc, yet when I go to start mach4 it just doesn’t connect with the cnc. It tells me to either restart mach4 or the cnc. The lights on my usb cord flash like it’s trying to connect, but then once mach4 loads the flashing light just stops.

The first few weeks of owning the machine I did not have this problem, but I slowly had to start restarting mach4 5-15 times just to get it to connect. Eventually it stopped connecting at all, I deleted all my mach4 files and downloaded it again, ran the scu, then I was  back to restarting Mach4 several times to get it to connect. I’m back to not being able to connect at all,I called avid but they wanted 400$ for 4 hours of tech support to give any further help. Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Problem getting mach4 to connect with cnc
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 07:41:58 AM »
Your mention of SCU suggests there is a Smoothstepper in there. Is that the case? Have you tried Warp9td forum? If Andy can't solve this, nobody can. I'd be a bit worried about Mac and Boot Camp, actually, but Andy will know!
--
Tom
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 07:44:07 AM »
Your mention of SCU suggests there is a Smoothstepper in there. Is that the case? Have you tried Warp9td forum? If Andy can't solve this, nobody can. I'd be a bit worried about Mac and Boot Camp, actually, but Andy will know!

Yes I’m running a smoothstepper so everything on my computer should be configured to what is required.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 09:08:54 AM »
I suggest you buy a pc!

Online Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 09:58:14 AM »
ditto

I am a died in the wood apple user but I have a Dell optiplex for the mill controller using ethernet

there is just to many shortcuts made to run windows on a Mac even in boot camp IMHO its not worth the hassle
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 10:00:31 AM »
ditto

I am a died in the wood apple user but I have a Dell optiplex for the mill controller using ethernet

there is just to many shortcuts made to run windows on a Mac even in boot camp IMHO its not worth the hassle

I plan to get a dedicated windows computer for it soon, in a bit of a rush to get this figured out though. Just curious on if there’s anything else besides the mac thing that could slightly resolve the issue.