Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 05:57:17 PM

Author Topic: TouchOff UI pushes into table after touch  (Read 562 times)

TouchOff UI pushes into table after touch
« on: May 11, 2022, 04:44:06 PM »
I have problem with the TouchOff UI.  I have the filter set to 5000 and it still seems to be a problem.  I set my touch place under the bit, and hit Find Z Function.  The axis travels down as it should, when it hits the plate, the indicator for the Probe being active lights up.  It then seems to try and push into the table a couple times and then finally it lists up the retract distance.  (sometimes even though the probe becomes active, the axis doesn't retract and Mach4 faults out).  Why does it feel like the probe is pushing into the table?

Here is a video of it happening.  Hard to hear the pushing into to the table, but if you slow the playback down, you can see/hear it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kBqaqu9m3J58hjgw5

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
Re: TouchOff UI pushes into table after touch
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 06:10:49 PM »
This might not be it but some of the manufacturers need a ground wire to the bit to make a good ground connection.
Run a ground wire to the bit and see if it works better.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 08:20:50 PM »
I had no problems with mach3. No changes to the machine since moving to mach4. Just the control software.

This might not be it but some of the manufacturers need a ground wire to the bit to make a good ground connection.
Run a ground wire to the bit and see if it works better.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 02:10:29 PM »
Using and ESS, their site suggest installing the latest development version.  Installed that latest non development version and I have no problems with the touch probe.