Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 10:38:19 AM

Author Topic: dev versions  (Read 475 times)

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
dev versions
« on: May 11, 2022, 10:18:42 AM »
OK disclaimer : I am fully aware that these are development versions

as I am a curious person I downloaded the current highest version as I have a lic. for industrial I chose that flavour

by EKK did I look different checked the file name for the screen set It was the same as my current version? but a file size nearly twice the size

may I humbly ask that when the content of a screen set is altered so much that the file name be altered else if you just update the software AFAIK it will not overwrite the current version if you have kept the default name

I assume ( you know what that means )  :) that it would be the correct way to install a complete new version and make a new install using your current profile

BTW.  I humbly request can you recomend a stable version to run on , as warp9 recommends 4809 still a way off the current number

GOOMBA

Re: dev versions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 08:01:15 AM »
The screens are pretty much the same but some of the guys thought the new contrast is better...
As for the size of the screen I think it's due to the images we've added.
Sorry about the naming, that's why we try to have everyone make a custom profile and screen with a custom name.
This is currently being worked on and hopefully we can get our file sizes down.
As for a build, I'd still stick with 4809. Single block and cycle stop as well as surface map are all under the knife right now. Sorry I don't have better news.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
Re: dev versions
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 08:32:04 AM »
thank you for your answer

as a comment the contrast on the new version is much better for viewing in the workshop

my only regret is the original industrial screen is no longer usable ( the one depicted on your website )

keep up the good work I know is almost impossible to satisfy everyone but that's life

one observation the use of arial font gives me a fuzzy effect but courier font produce a cleaner text/number

stuart
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 08:38:34 AM by Stuart »