Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:14:01 PM

Author Topic: Porelay8 with Mach 4 and Pokeys57CNC relays not triggering  (Read 1153 times)

I'm trying out Mach 4 and I can get all of the relays on the Porelay8 board to trigger (the magnet activates and all of the LEDs light up on the board) when I test it in PoExtBus Smart but when I try it in Mach they won't trigger.

When I go into Mach 4 then Diagnostic>Pokeys Plugin-Polabs the status display appears and when I cycle the flood and mist buttons on and off the boxes in the status display switch on and off accordingly. It seems like its working theoretically but the relays won't activate and deactivate.

I did remap the flood and mist buttons to the relays on the 57CNC board and they worked fine there, but not on the Porelay8 board. Any thaughts on this?

Thanks
Re: Porelay8 with Mach 4 and Pokeys57CNC relays not triggering
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 12:48:47 PM »
Hey Splint,

I don't have a clear answer, but I have been troubleshooting a similar issue. Did you leave the PoExtension cable connecting the Pokeys57 and PoStep-XX drivers (assuming you're using PoStep drivers) after your initial configuration? This cable can be left on after initial config, but should be removed after (unless you're wanting to monitor the drivers using Mach4, then you'd still need to disconnect pin 1 from that series). My setup with the PoRelay8 started working again after I removed that flat cable. Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,
Noah