Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 11:55:47 AM

Author Topic: Spindle CW On state is indicated with CCW LED  (Read 632 times)

Spindle CW On state is indicated with CCW LED
« on: May 07, 2022, 03:20:12 AM »
New to Mach4.  I am running the 4162 build with the ESS 278.1 plugin.

I get the CCW ON LED  when the spindle is running CW.
It may be some artifact of earlier mis-steps during profile creation.
It is a PWM driven VFD, and had originally set it up as OB.
At one point, I could only get spindle to run by hitting the CCW On button, and I couldn't say as to how I solved that.
Maybe I should just start a new profile given that I have made most of the possible mistakes.
Thought it would be a good topic unless its just not! Screen editing is probably not the solution.
Just need a nudge in the right direction if somebody has a few minutes.

Cheers,
Chris

GOOMBA

Re: Spindle CW On state is indicated with CCW LED
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 04:50:35 PM »
Disable the control and go to operator > edit screen.
Now click the LED, what signal is it assigned to?
We may have accidently swapped the LED's on the screen by default.
I will check.
However, you can change this regardless to make it correct for your application :)
Re: Spindle CW On state is indicated with CCW LED
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 07:05:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
As you requested, the Output Signal assigned for both Spindle CW and CCW LED's were not out of line.
My earlier problem solving led to my enabling "Reverse"  for the Spindle in Control>Config so this is why (IMHO) the LEDs are inverted. 
Disabling the Reverse  returned the unwanted behaviour: SP_FWD only by  CCW button or an M4 command, but the LED's will function correctly.

I am sure many will have a good idea as to how this came to be, but I can't fathom it. Is it an ESS Plugin Config error or a Mach Control?
Will live with a Yellow LED for the meantime but this demands a do over.
Everything else with my profile is near perfect as evidenced on my first V carving job.

Just to shed some light on my scene here. I upgraded from Mach3 and a pretty mediocre USB control card. Got the ESS and MB3 BoB and agreed to adopt the new Mach4  Money well spent, but the first time I have had to dial in my own profile and it was a bit of a learning curve.
I would like to be able to copy certain parts of my profile rather than having to do them over again.
What I might do for a temp solution if that is what you were suggesting.

Regards
Chris