Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 01:54:19 AM

Author Topic: Homing Error and Motor not enabled  (Read 1191 times)

Homing Error and Motor not enabled
« on: May 05, 2022, 11:55:05 AM »
Hi I am using Mach 4 Hobby to run my Swift Cut Plasma Cutter, but when Reference All it comes up with Homing Error ###. Motor 3 is not enabled. Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop this Error Message?
Re: Homing Error and Motor not enabled
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 06:19:18 PM »
Hi,
this post should be on the Mach4 General Discussion board. No doubt Tweakie will shift it there in his own time.

Motor3 is the A axis....do you have an A axis? The homing code calls for all axes in turn, it has found and homed the X, Y and Z and then tried to home the A axis, but
you don't have a motor assigned and you get an error.

Go to the screen load script and comment out the line that homes the A axis. This is a very common question by newcomers to mach4.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 08:28:03 PM »
Hi Craig, thanks for your help I am a total novice. Where do I find screen load script?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 08:55:23 PM »
Hi,
with Mach up and running but NOT Enabled:

Operator/Edit Screen. This will bring you to the edit screen. Be careful, what you edit will end up as a part of the GUI.

Then select .wx at the very top of the file tree. Now select the Event properties tab and now double click on the Screen Load script.

The screen load script is now displayed and you can edit it.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 09:07:44 PM »
Hi Craig I have attached a photo of the screen where do I find operator/edit screen?
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 09:10:57 PM »
Hi,
that is a custom screen, certainly not .wx4 or .wx6, You may have to ask SwiftCut how to access the underlying Mach4 GUI.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 09:14:23 PM »
Yes It appears that my screen is not the same. I don't have any drop down menus I will try to contact Swifty. Thanks