Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:36:11 AM

Author Topic: Help needed urgent will pay require travel to Cardiff  (Read 720 times)

Offline Hobbs

•  28 28
    • View Profile
Help needed urgent will pay require travel to Cardiff
« on: April 29, 2022, 02:39:54 PM »
Hi all I'm having trouble with my CNC machine 8x4 bed, single motor Chinese.

I bought this six months ago from a guy who hardly used it, turns out becuase he hadn't set it up right in the first place and thanks to the ongoing support on here were a lot further ahead.

I'm having issues with machine cutting out several times per job stopping and saying is xpod still connected,and  my zero tool depth gauge is also not picking up correctly. I need someone to diagnose and repair, and also show me more with the software itself.

I know only the basics where it comes to Mach 3 enough to run the machine, having previously used ncstudio.

I don't have the time to learn as I need machine to be running for busines so I'm looking for someone who is knowledgeable on all things troubleshooting willing to travel to Cardiff and solve various issues and teach me what I need to know.

If anyone can help please get in touch..

Thanks Mike
Re: Help needed urgent will pay require travel to Cardiff
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 11:31:49 PM »
Hi,
if you are running a machine for a business then is Mach3 the right choice? All development ceased on Mach3 seven years ago, it still works and many people still
use it, but whatever bugs and quirks it has it will now always have.

Mach4Hobby is $200USD and is a better proposition, its more stable, has better features and a better programming language and tool suite and is still actively developed.
Mach4Industrial is $1400USD and is better again. It has parametric programming (Macro B) but more importantly you get the red carpet treatment from
New Fangled Solutions....and that's worth its weight in gold.

I'll travel to Cardiff, but I'm in New Zealand, so I'll need a packed lunch and a life jacket.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'