Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 01:00:25 AM

Author Topic: Auto tool zero and auto z probe as same sensor  (Read 585 times)

Auto tool zero and auto z probe as same sensor
« on: April 08, 2022, 11:18:15 AM »
I was trying to set an auto tool zero probe using m6 macros which mostly worked, however when then probing with the same probe (avid auto z) to set z0 the values started not matching anymore. Is there any way to use the same probe to do both jobs (moving the probe to a fixed position when doing the tool probing offsets ?)

the current process i use is use the probe to set z0, move the probe to lower left corner in a dock like pocket, run g31 using the macro to store the current tool length / offset and do this whenever a tool change occurs. z0 is no longer at the right place upon changing the tool and measure it's new offset.

Just not sure if it's doable with the same probe to do both.

Thanks!

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
Re: Auto tool zero and auto z probe as same sensor
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 01:55:03 PM »
I really dont know if this makes any difference or not because I dont use it but will it work correctly doing the 2 in the other order?
Pocket probe first then the Z
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 02:19:03 PM »
no difference, i've tried before and after
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
Are you using the avid touchplate script to set you z work offset?

If you are, you will need to reactivate g43 h(current tool) and then set you z to the retract distance after it measure the z with the touchplate. I think the default is 2". I created a button that I press after measuring the work on my AVID screen set.

The AVID touchplate script is a compiled lau script so I couldn't figure out how to make it do it automatically.