Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 08:11:20 PM

Author Topic: ESS and MACH 4 two servos on one output not possible ESS reset velocity C  (Read 729 times)

Hello,
I recently bought a Machbob3 breakoutboard with ESS smoothstepper from CNCroom and have a little problem with setting it u wth Mach4

On Y-axis I have two servo Motors from leadshine each one has an individual servo drive.

They both are getting the same signal only turning in opposite directions.

Everything is correctly connected I doubled checked a lot of times.
I also connected one to output for Y axis and one to A axis and set this up in Mach4 with the same problem.

Each motor by its own is working but when both are connected MACH4 dont want to move the axis its  showing up E-stop when trying to move the gantry. (ESS Reset velocity C) is showing up in LOG

Some of you guys maybe know a solution.

I attached some Pictures showing the wiring and also showing what errors Mach4 is showing.
Edit. adding pictures seems not possible sorry.

Thanks for help in advance.

Best Martin

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
You can change the motor direction in the servo drive parameters.
Without engineers the world stops
Hello thanks for your answer.
Direction of the Motors is NOT the problem both motors turn in the right direction when connected independently.

The Problem is when both motors are connected to the BOB then an ESS E-stop signal is send for an unkown reason.
The LOG is showing ESS: ESTOP signal is active. and it cant be claered and is appearing as of an unknown reason.

No endstop or anything that could activate an ESTOP is triggered.

Is it possible that I have to add an noise Filter (or is it maybe an EMV Problem?)
X and Z axis are working flawless but also have only one Motor.

After jogging any axis in Mach 4 with both Y-motors connected (that worked because i disabled the X++ switch) I can now jog any axis in mach4. suddenly an ESS:ESTOP active failure appeared again and i wasnt able to reset the machine to jog again.

I attached a file showing the LOG in readable quality.

Directly after turning on the machine all axis are jogging without a problem but after some time always the ESS: ESTOP is active signal appears.

So the problem is not there after restart but appears after enabling the machine in MACH4.
And sometimes it also appears  without enabling the machine in MACH 4.

Thanks in advance!
you not share all details
that stop  ,is it something in mach? or its estop because driver error?
if driver error ,please attach the error code on the driver
Hi,
it seems like a problem in MACH the drivers are not showing any error.
mach is not close loop ,if you connect 2 or 3 or 4 motors on one output for mach its mean nothing
so i don't think (if i understand yours description well) its mach problem
i use exactly same as you method( not as slave motor ,but put 2 on one output)in many many machines and work
most of time hade problems as  parameter on 2 servo not same
i suggest you take out the motors and try run without any load this gantry

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
It sounds to me that you have some of the pins incorrect.
When you hook the 2 motors up you have one of them to pins that are designated for an e-stop