Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:59:46 PM

Author Topic: Toolpath shifted on both axis in Mach 3  (Read 947 times)

Toolpath shifted on both axis in Mach 3
« on: April 01, 2022, 01:42:45 PM »
Hi,  Relatively new to this and I'm having an issue when I go to cut my part. Its essentially a cube and after the facing operation the toolpath for the 2d pocket is shifted relative to the actual desired path/stock as per the dashed line in the attached drawing. Basically the path is moving with a negative x and positive y offset from the desired one relative to the 0,0,0 point.

Autodesk confirmed the Gcode and toolpaths seem ok so what could cause a lateral shift in the toolpath?

I've tried moving the facing operation to the end of the sequence and increased the Z point by +60mm up just in case the previous operation was the cause.

It's using an 8mm diameter cutter on my DIY mill with Mach 3. If I stop the run and move the tool back to G0 X0 Y0 it moves to the correct point so its not lost steps.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

James

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Toolpath shifted on both axis in Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 02:42:15 PM »
Post your Gcode file.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 02:51:04 PM »
Here it is :D

I've saved it as a text file.

The initial plunge is at the wrong place.

(2D POCKET2)
M5
T3 M6
S2000 M3
G55
G0 X-9.802 Y5.971 <--- This is offset to the left and rear too far as the cutter is 8mm diameter. Is there an option in Fusion 360 that I'm missing? The part is centered in the stock laterally and 1mm from the top surface of the stock.  WCS origin is model corner at rear left as you faced the part and mill. so In front and right of the initial plunge move.  I think if it was X-5.802 and Y5.9 it would probably be in the right place to start 'shaving the corner'

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 09:23:00 AM »
your are using G55 an it looks like you have offset's in there.

Config -> Fixtures

anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.