Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 12:27:05 PM

Author Topic: Error during load screen element  (Read 1496 times)

Error during load screen element
« on: March 30, 2022, 06:07:31 AM »
Hello everyone,
 this morning when I turned on my Mach4, during the loading of the screen elements, an error message appeared as follows:
 "Lua: Error while running chunk
?: - 1: attempt to call a nil value (field 'ErrorMsg')

stack traceback:

?: in main chunk

[C]: in function 'require'

C: \ Mach4Hobby \ ScreenScript.lua: 294: in main chunk "

I turned the PC off and on again, I tried to reload also other profiles but the message always reappears even if the code "294" changes according to the profile I load. Has anyone already had this problem? Are there any suggestions that allow me to wake the screen?
Thanks to anyone who can help me

Carlo
Re: Error during load screen element
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 05:08:37 AM »
Hi everyone,
 I partially solved the problem.
I found that in the Mach4 Hobby directory the plugins folder had disappeared and ended up in the profiles folder. Now the screen turns on correctly but I miss the communication with the ESS card even if in the SCU the pings work correctly.
I am therefore still in a position to ask for help to solve this problem.

Carlo

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Error during load screen element
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 09:15:46 AM »
Is the ESS plugin IN the errant folder?

Maybe try renaming Mach4Hobby so something else, reinstall Mach4, copy your license, plugins, profiles, screens, macros, etc. into the relevant folders. That would at least fix any folder discrepancies and anything that got corrupted somehow.
--
Tom
Wizard screen not allowing inputs
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 11:22:46 AM »
I've been using Mach4 wizards without a problem. However, now when I try to open a wizard (say, Rounding), I get a message saying "unable to show Wizard 4: wxLua. Expected a wxColour for Parameter 2 but got a nil".

Any idea what this is and how to fix this? When I bring in an older profile I seem to have the same issue now.

Joe