Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 11:21:41 AM

Author Topic: Touch interface problem  (Read 732 times)

Offline FiveO

•  17 17
    • View Profile
Touch interface problem
« on: March 22, 2022, 11:14:15 AM »
Hi

I am having some troubles with touch interface. It works maybe 50% of time. Smaller the probe feed rate, more problems. Two faults mainly. One is where coordinates move but axis wont. Second is after I start, it moves, stalls, disables.

What could be the problem?

Mach4, Smoothstepper ESS. No problems with cutting.
Re: Touch interface problem
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 03:09:45 PM »
Hi,
the Touch module uses g31 codes to move the probe tip to a location rather than regular g1's prior to a probe move. g31 is a safer way to move around, if the probe tip accidentally contacts
the workpiece of clamps it will stop rather than crunch the probe.

The default response of the ESS to a g31 that DOES NOT make contact is a fault which stops Mach4. You can change that behaviour on Configure/Plugins/ESSnnn/Probing tab.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline FiveO

•  17 17
    • View Profile
Re: Touch interface problem
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 10:17:37 AM »
Hi,
the Touch module uses g31 codes to move the probe tip to a location rather than regular g1's prior to a probe move. g31 is a safer way to move around, if the probe tip accidentally contacts
the workpiece of clamps it will stop rather than crunch the probe.

The default response of the ESS to a g31 that DOES NOT make contact is a fault which stops Mach4. You can change that behaviour on Configure/Plugins/ESSnnn/Probing tab.

Craig

Thanks. Tried it and same problems. Tried adding 1kohm resistor to probe, no difference. Tried Pin noise filtering up to 200 on ESS configurator, maybe it helped a little, not sure, problem continues.