Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:30:19 AM

Author Topic: New to forum, I have mach4 issues  (Read 818 times)

New to forum, I have mach4 issues
« on: February 16, 2022, 12:16:05 PM »
Hello, so I'm new to this forum. Let me begin by introducing myself.  My name is Mike..I am a professional structural steel fabricator. I also operate a home built plasma table. I'm a noob with the table but have been the main operator on it for the last year+. This table runs Mach4 software with sheetcam TNG and a warprunner board for THC. We just finished updating and I finally have a THC that works. Before we had an older TMC3in1 board and could never get the THC to work. So we ran without it.

Now I have a working THC with voltage being read and followed. My issue I think it gcode related. We cut mostly connection plates for structural. So lots and lots of holes. I can't get the THC to work on holes so my best option thus far has been to us the S10 (DTCHOFF) and S20 (DTCHON) code snippets for holes and THC inhibited/THC allowed code snippets for the outside cuts that need the THC. I can cut a single part perfectly once gcode is loaded. But when I go to the next part it crashes on the hole right after pierce. It acts like it's not reading the gcode. If I stop and reset then start gcode it runs perfectly again. Then crashes on next part. If I nest then I have an issue where it cuts the holes fine but gets to cutting out the parts and starts having similar issues. I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure I've buggered up something. Just not sure what. My best guess is that once the part is finished cutting then somehow a signal is left on for the THC so when it starts the next part it is doing the opposite of what the code says. My best guess...coming from someone who is reading everything I can find. Any help or insite would be much appreciated.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: New to forum, I have mach4 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 04:55:06 PM »
I have no idea, unfortunately.  I'm not familiar enough with sheetcam or the warprunner to comment.  But maybe someone will come a long though. 

Steve
Re: New to forum, I have mach4 issues
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 04:57:22 PM »
Can you post a copy of a gcode where you are having the issue? I think you may be correct with your point about THC not turning off, so it’s then active at the start of the next cut during piercing.