Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 08:53:45 AM

Author Topic: controlled stepped z axis down  (Read 981 times)

Offline Hobbs

•  28 28
    • View Profile
controlled stepped z axis down
« on: February 12, 2022, 02:46:44 AM »
Hi all can anyone tell me if there is a was to finely set the z axis Down Manaially to the workpiece, I can use the page down button but this isn't well controlled, when I used ncstudio it had options of 1mm 10mm 0.5mm etc any help would be much appreciated thanks

Offline Hobbs

•  28 28
    • View Profile
Re: controlled stepped z axis down
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 02:50:21 AM »
Hi all new to mach 3 I've had a play around with it, I use vectric aspire to design and export my files. I have a single cylinder router over an 8 x 4 bed.
Basically I want to make a complete file that will use more than 1 x tool for the job, such as end mill and v bit. I set tool 1 as end mill and tool 2 as vbit on software before exporting the file and was interested to see if the machine would stop after the end mill code had finished in order to allow me to changed the bit to a vbit and then carry on the code. Safe to say it didn't. Is there a way of doing this using mach 3? Or would I have to export each tool path individually for differing router bits any help much appreciated thanks guys

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 06:27:13 AM »
for your first question about jogging. if you use the standard screen set you can press the TAB key and you will see
a "virtual" MPG. there you can select continious and step mode and select step distance as well. by playing around a
bit you will figure out how to handle this.

the second question about toolchange. this is depending on wat you have selected in Config -> General Config ->
Toolchange. the options Ignore - Stop Spindle and wait for Start - Auto tool Change are selfexplaining.

If you have selected Stop Spindle and wait for Start the M6Start macro will be excecuted if a M6 comes up in your
G-Code and the M6End afte you pressed the Start Button.

within these two macros you can do some actions/movements via VB script.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Hobbs

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 06:40:43 AM »
Thank you for your help much appreciated