Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 10:06:26 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Soft limits  (Read 653 times)

Mach3 Soft limits
« on: February 07, 2022, 01:10:16 PM »
Hi all

New to the forums and mach3, first off I apologise if this has been answered some were else but I have searched and can't find the answer.

No matter what I do mach3 says "Machine out of limits for soft Limit Activation"

X has 660mm of travel, homing switch is on the right as you look at the machine, so the bed needs to move fully left to make.
Y has 345mm of travel, homing switch is at the front of the machine, so the bed needs to move towards me.
Z has 151mm of travel, homing switch is at the top.

Under the Home/soft Limits settings
X reversed is unticked, soft max 660.00, soft min 0.00, Home off -660.00 (If I put a positive number in, it tries to drive passed the homing switch and hits the over travel) Home neg is ticked, Auto Zero is ticked.
Y reversed is unticked, soft max 345.00, soft min 0.00, Home off -345.00 (Same as X has to be a negative number) Home neg is ticked, Auto zero is ticked.
Z reversed is unticked, soft max -151.00, soft min 0.00, Home off 0.00, Home neg is ticked, Auto zero is ticked.

When I home the axis X moves all the way to the left makes the switch then moves all the way to the right and then zeros
Y moves towards me, makes the switch and then moves all the way to the back of the machine and zeros
Z moves up makes the switch and zeros.

I am not sure if I have the beds moving the right way which might be causing the problem.
If I move X to the left mach counts up, Y if I move the bed towards me counts up, Z is negative down.

The Z button seems to be correct, press down head moves down, up for up.
X press the left button and the bed moves right and Y press towards and the bed moves away. Seems to be correct to me if you take movement from the cutter in relation to the bed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Ross