Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:06:15 PM

Author Topic: How to set up analog outputs in Mach4?  (Read 893 times)

How to set up analog outputs in Mach4?
« on: February 07, 2022, 11:22:16 AM »
Hi everyone

The control tab in Mach4 allows using analog outputs, DIFFERENT from the analog output that controls the spindle. I have extra analog outputs 0-10V that I need to use to control other equipment.

Does anybody have experience setting them up, and then how to activate it and control it in Mach4?
Do I need to create a macro?

I am a newbie in Mach4 so any guidance is appreciated.

Best wishes

Pablo
Re: How to set up analog outputs in Mach4?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 01:06:52 AM »
which hardware do you use?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 02:47:02 AM »
which hardware do you use?

Hi I am using Wago I/O EtherCAT modules with an EtherCAT motion Controller (Kingstar) with the respective Mach4 plugin.

I have tested the equipment and it works perfectly so it is not a matter of wiring, etc.

The plugin has the setup already and Mach4 recognizes the outputs in the control configuration window.

What I need is a method to control the analog outputs either as a Macro, or better if it already has an Mcode or similar.

See the attachment.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 03:04:23 AM »
I didn't ask because i think you mistake with wiring,i asked because i have exactly same question months ago ,and after all i got answer that even its seem its simple option its not like this,its depends on the hardware plugin ,for example in pokeis you can only control analog output only by spindle comand ....
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 03:38:15 AM »
I didn't ask because i think you mistake with wiring,i asked because i have exactly same question months ago ,and after all i got answer that even its seem its simple option its not like this,its depends on the hardware plugin ,for example in pokeis you can only control analog output only by spindle comand ....

A ticket has been raised to see what can be done. I mean, if there is the option, we should be able to use it!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 03:41:47 AM »
Do you mean ,you opened ticket on mach support?

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 11:59:41 AM »
This thread has some useful info about the analog outputs.

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=43006.msg278800#msg278800