Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 08:41:00 PM

Author Topic: Getting started  (Read 2419 times)

Re: Getting started
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 02:00:32 PM »
Ports/pins setup
X HOME
Y HOME
Z HOME
all ticked
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2022, 02:55:06 PM »
I’ve managed to jog my controller to ZERO positions on all axis with the machine turned off
But the AXIS ZERO BUTTONS on the DROs will not change from red to green
What I am trying to achieve is to set the machine coordinates just inside the limit switches
I’m following the video from cnc4uuk on homing limits & offsets & just cannot see where I am going wrong
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 03:04:18 PM »
Hi,

But the AXIS ZERO BUTTONS on the DROs will not change from red to green

No, they won't, nor will they, nor are they supposed to. The green LED indicates whether that axis is Homed or Referenced.
The only way to cause that is to Home or Referefnce  with <Ref All>, say, each axis in turn and therefore zero the MACHINE COORDINATE for each axis, and the LED go green.

<Axis Zero> button zero's the WORK COORDINATES not MACHINE COORDINATES.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 03:26:09 PM »
Thank you Craig
But if I position my table for the machine coordinates & hit REF ALL my Y AXIS counts down past zero untill it hits the hard limit switch
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 03:32:39 PM »
Hi,
then you have mis-programmed, or not programmed any Home switches.

Craig
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 09:22:42 AM »
Thank you for your help. I not sure what I did but it now seems to home to the soft limits
I downloaded the ROADRUNNER. it runs & it controls the cutter but
The tool lifts off the workpiece instead of cutting into it Also I’m not sure how big this is supposed to be but but the tool would have created an image approx 3mm square

I’m beginning not to like Mach3. It is the only program running on my computer but it’s just crashed & now keeps locking up when trying to open Mach3
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 10:47:12 AM »
You may need to re-install it.  However if it's any consolation I've been using Mach3 for 10 years and it has almost never crashed in all that time.

Now, DO YOU HAVE A COPY OF THE MANUAL?  If not, download it from NFS and turn to section 5.18.  But read the rest of the information on configuration also.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2022, 01:42:37 PM »
No I don’t doubt it. It’s probably me having corrupted the program by trying  to follow the videos for parallel port connection rather than usb.
I think I’ll uninstall Mach3 & start again.
I have a slightly better understanding now than last week

Sorry. What is NFS. Looked on Google & found ‘Need for Speed’. I can’t keep up now let alone if it’s faster lol.
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2022, 02:27:41 PM »
Hi,
NFS= New Fangled Solutions, the company that produces and sells Mach products.

Craig.
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2022, 12:41:02 PM »
Hi I’m back again
I have installed Mach3 on my windows 10 pc because my Xp pc now won’t load past the Acer flash screen.
I ve just started to configure soft & homing limits & it’s come up with an error message.
 ‘VB Failure. Check system’
Cannot find any reference to what this means or what needs checking in the manual
As always. Your assistance is very much appreciated