Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:16:38 PM

Author Topic: No motors after re-install  (Read 1853 times)

No motors after re-install
« on: January 30, 2022, 08:36:21 PM »
I bought a Taig/Microproto Systems mill that had Mach3 already installed, not licensed.  I've been playing around with it doing some testing and was ready to buy the license.  I noticed it was a very early version of Mach3 so I opted to install the last version for all the bug fixes that were made over the years.  Bad idea.

I installed the new version over the old one and set up the motor outputs the same way as they were previously.  No steppers would move.  I ran the Driver Test, Special Driver.bat and Original Driver.bat with no success.  I verified no estop inputs were present, nothing helped.  I uninstalled and did a fresh install from scratch, and did all the setup for motor outputs, etc, as before.  No luck.  Driver Test runs and says Excellent.  I have a good stable pulse frequency showing in the diagnostics.  Finally I checked 'charge pump' on, heard a motor move very slightly, and unchecked charge pump. All axes then worked.  I did the motor tuning steps, speed, and accel and all seemed good.  I shut it down for the night.

Today I turn it on and again, no axes move.  I go through all the steps and there is nothing.  Charge pump doesn't kick start it this time.  I've read posts all over the internet saying the driver didn't install or just reinstall it anyway.  I've done it.  The printer port address has been verified, device manager says it's good, and the Driver Test seems to verify that it's good time after time.  This was a functional system prior to the reinstall, so it's not the OS (XP 32 bit), or a cable, or something not plugged in. 

Should I download and install an old(er) version of Mach3?  I would appreciate any help anyone could give me.
Re: No motors after re-install
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 05:45:53 AM »
Hi JMK86. I am having exactly the same issue with my taig and mach3. Did you ever get to solve the issue? My driver test says excellent and still I have no movement.  :o