Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 11:29:05 PM

Author Topic: Elgato Stream Deck as controller for mach4  (Read 444 times)

Offline mzc

•  11 11
    • View Profile
Elgato Stream Deck as controller for mach4
« on: January 17, 2022, 03:15:25 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone tried using an Elgato Stream Deck as a USB 'pendant'/hand control?

I currently use a separate USB numeric keypad at the machine (rather than a full keyboard), but it has limited keys and I need to be careful to disable the keyboard plugin/driver if I want to use the main keyboard for non mach4 tasks while a job is running.

I've looked that the HID Macros driver, and the mach4 keyboard plugin/driver takes full control of keyboard input so that's no good. I was looking at using that as it can take keys from a specific USB device, so I could (if it worked as I'd hoped) program just the num pad to do mach4 commands, and the normal keyboard would not interfere.

The Stream Deck might be good (re-programmable buttons with displays), BUT I'm worried it will suffer the same fate as HID Macros and be ignored by mach4.

Cheers,

Michael.

Offline mzc

•  11 11
    • View Profile
Re: Elgato Stream Deck as controller for mach4
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 05:30:25 AM »
Quick follow up, tried the elgato stream deck driver with their mobile app version of the device (free for a month), and it worked fine with mach4. So it's looking like a viable option for a controller for mach4.
Basically what I'm trying to do is control mach4 for my most common use cases without having to use a mouse, hence the usb num pad (existing solution).