Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 11:35:59 AM

Author Topic: Key command stop working after running laser gCode  (Read 630 times)

Key command stop working after running laser gCode
« on: January 15, 2022, 07:47:52 PM »
Hello all! Just wondered if anyone has thoughts on what is happening with my key commands.

I am running:
Avid CNC Pro4896
Mach 4 Build 4612
ESS v277.1
Vetric VCarve Prov11.010 for creating G-code
J Tech Photonics 7W Laser

When I open Mach4, choose my laser profile, everything works fine. I can jog the machine in all directions using my keyboard key commmands (<>^v) no issues. Home the machine, no problem. G-code loaded, run file and laser/ machine work great. BUT once the file is finished running my key commands no longer work to jog the machine.

If I run my Avid cnc profile, key commands work normal both before and after running G-code.

Would this be an issue with my post processor/ G-code file? Is is an issue wth my profile settings?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Richard

I have a profile setup for the Laser which is running the G-code and laser with no problems except after I run a file, my key commands on the keyboard stop working. They work fine for joggin
let your voice  be heard.
Brandnewnoise.com
Re: Key command stop working after running laser gCode
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 08:07:53 PM »
Hi,
just as a double check make sure the file has genuinely completed. its not impossible for the Gcode file to be still active and therefore have control of the trajectory planner
despite all motion having been completed. Try using <Stop> or even <DisableMach> followed by <EnableMach> after the file has completed.

Another possibility is that the <KeyboardEnable> button may have been triggered during the Gcode file. Try operating the <KeybardEnable> button. Does it make any difference?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 08:35:16 PM »
Thanks Craig. Will give this a try tomorrow. I have made sure the code has finished  running before engaging the key commands but will see if the other steps make a difference.

Cheers,
Richard
Brandnewnoise.com
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 07:02:20 PM »
The Gcode is somehow disabling the key commands as suggested. The <KEYBOARD ENABLE> button does indeed to the trick and gets the keys working again.

Appreciate your help!

Cheers,
Richard
Brandnewnoise.com
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 09:24:28 PM »
Hi,
good news.

When a Gcode file is running Machs Gcode Interpreter and Trajectory planner are engaged by the Gcode file, and therefore you cannot jog be it keyboard or otherwise
simultaneously. All I can suggest is that Mach is disabling Keyboard jogs when the Gcode file is running......it seems redundant to me given that the Trajectory Planner is engaged
by the Gcode Interpreter and will be until the Gcode job is finished and/or stopped.

You could write a script that turns the Keyboard on whenever Mach is 'NotInCycle', ie not running a job or MDI'ing. This would turn the Keyboard back on whenever a Gcode file completes or is stopped.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'