Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:13:15 PM

Author Topic: Visual Basic Program question  (Read 3159 times)

Visual Basic Program question
« on: October 20, 2007, 08:49:12 PM »
I'm a VB programmer want'a be.   Is it possible to write a VB program in Mach3 which asks for a cut file, then asks for an array size and distance.   Then Mach3 will proceed to cut the file in the multiple array.   I'd love to see that program if it's out there.   I'm pretty sure its a simple program.  I just need a little push, a start down the right track. 

After the file is cut, I'd like to be able to return to the original origin so I can change tools and run another file. 

Can anybody help me?  Does anyone have such a program that they want to share with me? 
Thanks,
Dave

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Basic Program question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 09:13:20 PM »
Have a look at the wizards. You can make a vb wizard that will do allmost anything you can think of. I'm no VB Guru or I'd give you an example.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 10:56:35 PM »
Brett,
Good idea about looking at the wizards.   Is it possible to view the wizards code?  As mentioned in the first post, I'm interested in dabbling in some code myself.   
Thanks for the idea.
Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 03:50:08 AM »
You can open Mach then choose a wizard then go to the operator menu and choose edit button script. You can then look at the code in the buttons that are flashing.

Some wizards also have macros in the macro folder and you can look at them with the VB editor from Mach.
Hood