Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 04:51:37 AM

Author Topic: Can I use the mcMapSurface wizard in version 3481?  (Read 666 times)

Can I use the mcMapSurface wizard in version 3481?
« on: January 10, 2022, 10:23:50 PM »
I have the unlicensed version 4.2.0.4612 which has the mcMapSurface wizard but I want this wizard in my licensed copy version 4.2.0.3481. Is this possible and if so how do I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Bob
Re: Can I use the mcMapSurface wizard in version 3481?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 11:51:12 PM »
Hi,
this post be;longs on the Mach4 General discussion board. No doubt tweakie will shift it in due course.

The mc.Surface is a Wizard and it may therefore be transfereable to an earlier version....but why? Why not just download the current version and get on with it.
I have a sneaking suspicion that once the Wizard has run and the probe data has been established Mach's core uses that data to subtly 'modulate' the Z axis......and if that is
the case then the earlier version probably has different code in its core to enact that feature. Thus even if you  can successfully transfer the Wizard to the older build, the older build
may not have the code internally to take advantage of it.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Can I use the mcMapSurface wizard in version 3481?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 12:06:52 AM »
Hi,
re-reading your post:

I have the unlicensed version 4.2.0.4612 which has the mcMapSurface wizard but I want this wizard in my licensed copy version 4.2.0.3481.

Its not a build that is licensed but the PC. Thus if you download the latest build to a PC that is already licensed then the new and later build works seamlessly.
Additionally, each Mach4Hobby purchase allows up to FIVE fully licensed PC's.....so you could have an earlier build licensed one one PC and another later build
on another PC entirely, and also be licensed.

Licensing should not prevent you from having an up-to-date build.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'