Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:12:26 AM

Author Topic: Second parallel port weirdness  (Read 4669 times)

Second parallel port weirdness
« on: October 20, 2007, 05:48:15 PM »
Well I got my netmos pci parallel port card working, sortof, basically the address is 0xd000 and i set that in mach 3 under port 2 with pins 2-9 as input. I also set a mpg to pins 2,3 on port 2 and input 1 on pin 10 of port 2, now when i go to diagnostics and jog the mpg or hit the button the ports on the port 1 display toggle, but not input 1 or mpg which are set to port 2 ????

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Second parallel port weirdness
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 08:50:10 PM »
Sounds like you may have your ports mixed up. Can swap your cables where they plug into the ports at the PC and test. Proceed with caution.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 12:12:27 AM »
Nope that's a definitely not the problem
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
Well Actually i tried physically swapping the ports and changing the addresses in mach, the pci card works fine, but i get the same results port 1&2 combined, i then disabled port 1 and enabled port 2 in mach, in the diagnostics as the turn the mpg port 1 lights go off nothing.. Tried updating to the lastest, quantum also shows this behavior.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 05:59:56 PM »
Has no one seen this? i even tried changing the address of the onboard port and making changes in mach same thing, the leds on the port 1 diagnostic screen react to the second port, i check the netmos card setting and there are no overlapping regions......

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 06:20:08 PM »
I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 01:51:17 PM »
Hi chrispol,

This sounds similar to the problem I posted here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4653.0.html .

Have you sorted it out? If so, what was the solution?

Thanks.

DrB.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 11:35:57 PM »
Yep seems like the same think what you could try is jumping and input on your second port and see what happens, if the lights toggle on the port 1 display than it's exactly the same problem that port 2 is seen as port 1, disregards the address.......

possibly mach3 cannot access the higher addresses???

Hi chrispol,

This sounds similar to the problem I posted here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4653.0.html .

Have you sorted it out? If so, what was the solution?

Thanks.

DrB.