Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 12:05:14 AM

Author Topic: G code does not match output from fusion 360  (Read 630 times)

G code does not match output from fusion 360
« on: January 10, 2022, 06:09:36 PM »
Hello,
I am starting my first project using fusion360 and mach3 to run on a 6040 CNC machine.  I am using the official mach3 version, not the chinese one.
I have made a design in fusion 360 which is shown in the first image uploaded.  There are 6 rectangular cutouts and 2 circular ones.  When i upload the gcode to mach3 the image on the top right screen of of mach3 only shows 2 of the 6 rectangular cutouts and the circular cutouts are out of place.
Also, the stock is only 6mm thick and therefore the movement of the z axis hould be very small but in the mach3 loooks completly wrong. 

Also when i start the gcode, i can see the router moving in the x, y and z direction. but the spindle is not moving at al.
The machine controller has a manual position and when i put the controller on manual i can see the spindle moving, so i assume the machine is ok and is a configuration issue.

I have configure the parameters following a you tube video. 
I am including an image that shows the fusion360 project, the gcode file and a screenshot of how the mach3 is rendering the gcode.

Any help would be very much appreciated