Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 10:26:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Traveling the Wrong Distance  (Read 1258 times)

Mach3 Traveling the Wrong Distance
« on: January 05, 2022, 08:17:30 PM »
So I'm running a part, in "inches", using manual tool change. I zero out my next tool and out of no where the machine starts moving in what appears to be mm. On the top right of the screen it reads G20, the ALT5 Settings tab has the machine in INCHES and the Native Units are also in Inches. I have intentionally switched all of these with the intent to switch them back, to no avail. I initially suspected (for some strange reason) perhaps my StepsPer got altered, but there are exactly where they need to be based on my lead screw pitch and microstep settings. I rechecked all my motor tuning just to be sure, its all correct. The program runs through all the Gcode perfect, all moves, starts and stops, retracts and tool change commands are executed perfectly but are off by a scale factor of about 25:1 (why I suspects its moving in mm). The stepper drivers are all stand alone units so one failing or loosing microstepping isn't the issue, they would all have to have failed in the exact same way and at the exact same time, seems unlikely. Lastly, I have restarted mach3 and Windows several times, and have reloaded the mill profile ever which why I know how to. I would LOVE IT if anybody could make me feel like an idiot and inform me how to fix this, I've got a part half finished in a fixture and no way to move forward with it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 08:22:02 PM by mike3684 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Traveling the Wrong Distance
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 01:40:17 AM »
Does the Gcode you are running contain a G21 ?
PEACE