Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 06:21:26 PM

Author Topic: Gcode error on line 0  (Read 1587 times)

Gcode error on line 0
« on: December 16, 2021, 03:12:17 PM »
Hi everyone .Looking for some help for a brand new nooby to CNC. I have purchased some DXF files from the internet and have tried to load them into Mach 3 . I have tried 2 so far and both give me the same error. It tells me that on line 0 there is a code problem . Since I don't know what the code should look like what should I be looking for? I have attached the G code that was generated by Mach 3. The job is just a small butterfly with no inside cuts. any help would be appreciated
Re: Gcode error on line 0
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 03:29:48 PM »
I should mention further to my last post that the error on line 0 is"Bad Character"

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 02:14:07 AM »
I see no problem with your Gcode.
If I remember correctly, maybe Mach3 went hiwire :) as it happened to me on one of my computers.
Try reinstalling Mach3, and do not use spaces in File name. Use at least underscore _
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 01:41:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I think you might be right about Mach 3 because every file that I try to bring over from Sheet Cam shows the same code even the pre loaded files where I know the code must be good because I have cut some of them already. We are away from the college until the new year. Is reinstalling Mach 3 a difficult process. I have looked on YOUTube but i'm looking for the most user friendly version.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 01:52:02 PM »
Reinstalling is easy as 1-2-3 :)
Just back up your profile, if you use default one that you modified, licence file and folder with macros - just in case.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.