Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:24:47 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 demo and XHC MK-3V  (Read 892 times)

Mach3 demo and XHC MK-3V
« on: December 07, 2021, 10:52:14 AM »
I realise the XHC MK3-V USB card has been labeled as rubbish on this forum. Unfortunately in South Africa there does not seem to be much choice.
I am trying to get G76 to work but XHC support is non existent as pointed out here several times.

My dilemma is I understand threading is disabled in the demo version, however this seems to work although badly if you disable sync mode.
On the other hand, I am not sure XHC will work in sync mode although their drive 2.59 specifically states G76 support added.
So I am not sure buying a Mach3 license will solve my problem or it's the crappy XHC that won't work no matter what.
Re: Mach3 demo and XHC MK-3V
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 10:43:37 PM »
Hi,
XHC used to make quite good controllers but, I am guessing here.....but believe the lead engineer/developer/designer has departed or died, because XHC seem to have zero ability
to rectify faults with their hardware. It seems like the policy is  'we've got your money so we don't care about you anymore'

Is South Africa still on the planet Earth? If so its possible to get stuff from the US and Europe....even if hard. Do it. Get yourself an Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9TD for $180USD.
It has both a Mach3 and a Mach4 plugin, so when you get sick of Mach3 you can get into the real thing.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 01:05:41 AM »
HI Craig

Yes the problem is US won't ship electronics to SA. It's like they stuck in the old days where Russians used to buy fridges to get the ZX81 chip!!
But I will give it a go maybe from Europe.

I must say the XHC controller looks good and it has all the features like speed-dec and ppm control etc. I am sure it does actually work but as you say the person who knows how it works is dead!!
I will move it to my CNC mill as it is better than the controller I have there.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 01:12:24 AM »
Hi,
I got a SmoothStepper from a reseller in Australia, got here on Monday morning. Cost $375 NZD including freight from Australia.
I'm sure the same company would ship to you.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 01:39:09 AM »
Craig was that Homann Designs?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 01:41:15 AM »
Hi,
yes.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 01:48:06 AM »
I assume you then used 1 of the OZ post options. I am not sure  I trust anything that will go via SA postal services..
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 02:12:38 AM »
Hi,
Peter chose Australia Post Express, wasn't cheap, $56AUD, but I got it in about 10 days, so you get what you pay for.

I just took delivery of two Delta servos from China and I paid $285USD for DHL, and I had them in four days from Hong Kong.

Craig

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 02:53:13 AM »
I guess we should find out who needs these in SA and bring in a bunch to share shipping..
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 03:03:49 AM »
Hi,
Peters price for the ESS was $190USD and the shipping to NZ was $56AUD....am I going to try to complicate matters just to save
$20AUD??? Would you? I want to save as much as anyone but I'm not prepared to be dickhead about it either.

I need the ESS and the servos for a machine conversion, the customer is paying, so I just got on and did it. Two weeks after ordering and paying
for the goods I have them.

Craig