Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:41:00 PM

Author Topic: DigitizeGcode - Auto leveling gcode from a point cloud - Stl  (Read 1211 times)

DigitizeGcode - Auto leveling gcode from a point cloud - Stl
« on: November 16, 2021, 08:46:41 AM »
Hi,

I made a free software to simplify the machining of scanned surfaces, it adapts the leveling of a "flat" gcode to the shape obtained from a point cloud. It also allows to create an Stl from the point cloud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zipZiqnzRZg

Bye

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: DigitizeGcode - Auto leveling gcode from a point cloud - Stl
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »
Sounds interesting, can we have more details please?.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: DigitizeGcode - Auto leveling gcode from a point cloud - Stl
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 04:08:00 AM »
Sorry for the translation mistakes, my English is learning  8)

I do a lot of series machining on metal cups, so setting up the machining takes me through several stages:

1 creation of the point cloud using my probe, as it is possible to do with the Digitize Wizard of mach3.

2 creation of the Stl using the Solidworks Scan3D wizard (also possible with the Cambam plugin)

3 loading the Stl in my Fusion360 project, to finally generate the new path.

This is a complicate, boring and inconveniant process, especially when machining parts in series.

The little software I created will facilitate and reduce the time (and the computing power !!) necessary for this operation, it will directly modify the initial gcode to follow the shape of the scanned part.

For this it goes through 3 stages:

1 create an stl from a point cloud (only in 2d, it is intended for 3-axis machining only.)

2 increase the "resolution of the gcode" (By that I mean that if we have a straight line displacement on our initial gcode, it will segment the displacement to be able to follow the shape)

3 adapter all heights in Z in relation to the created stl.

It requires much less computing power than Fusion or other CAM software, because it does not calculate all the paths, it only adapts the Z axis, so it works perfectly on my old tired Windows 7 ^^.

So we have to prepare a "flat" gcode of the machining that we need,  make a point cloud using a probe with the digitize wizard of mach3 or other, and process to the levelling with DigitizeGcode, the gcode created will be able to follow the curves of you shape.

In fact, it's exatly like a Bltouch for 3d print: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bltouch+use

If you download the zip file of DigitizeGcode you will find a readme file who explain how adjust parameters, and i joint gcode and point cloud files if you want to try, but is really really simple to use.

Noe