Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:53:55 AM

Author Topic: Switch spindle pulley Mach4  (Read 660 times)

Switch spindle pulley Mach4
« on: November 13, 2021, 11:20:01 AM »
Hello dear Mach community,

I would like to convert an older industrial milling machine to CSMIO IP-S with Mach4. The machine has 4 spindle gear stages which are engaged by 2 motors and 4 position-switches.
Has anyone of you ever done something like this? How can I control the motors, with the selection of the appropriate gear stage in the software? Can I just assign 4 outputs of the controller to the 4 gear stages? Then 4 inputs that tell the controller when the correct G stage is engaged?
The appropriate electronics hardware (a few relays coupled with the position-switches) I get there that would be no problem.
If you could give me a little tip, I would be very grateful...  :)

Thanks, Mike

GOOMBA

Re: Switch spindle pulley Mach4
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 04:25:20 PM »
Hello,
M41 and M42 will change the gear ratios.
However for an application like this I'd say you want to have custom macros so you can look at the state of the input and based on it's state call the specific ratio you'd like.
This can all be done in LUA programming, if you can't do it send support@machsupport.com an email asking for a quote and summarizing the work and we'll be happy to help in any way possible.
Re: Switch spindle pulley Mach4
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 12:00:24 PM »
Hello GOOMBA,
thank you very much for your tip. I myself unfortunately do not know LUA programming. But I will make a request to the support. Thanks again. It's nice that someone answered.  :)

Regards, Mike