Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:08:14 PM

Author Topic: Somebody please help me install an mpg wheel  (Read 821 times)

Somebody please help me install an mpg wheel
« on: November 08, 2021, 05:48:22 PM »
I am desperately trying to install and use an mpg wheel, not the pendant - just the wheel. It’s going on a panel im making.

My machine has one of those xhc Chinese Ethernet controllers.

My wheel has 4 connections A B 0v vcc

My controller only has a 24v power source, so I fed it through an external 5v  source that isn’t tied into the Cnc - ran the A B wires to inputs.

It doesn’t work, there’s nothing in my controller plug-in that offers mpg - wxcept the wbh04 pendant. 

Can I add a second port to my pc, am interface board? Help! Lol
Re: Somebody please help me install an mpg wheel
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
Connect the external 5V ground with to the ground of the 24V. (*only the ground)

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 07:23:29 AM »
need to be a bit carefull with that sometimes you can get interfearance from the motors if the 5v and 24v are ground connected.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 10:24:19 AM »
Brian can u give a little bit more info like what u r trying to do beside just hook up the mpg...did u get the plug in from this xhc board ? If mach 3 does not have a plug in it will not see the encoder and that is what the "wheel" is acting as. What type of BOB r u using ?? Does the BOB ( break out board ) what an encoder connection?? There is alot of info missing for us ( the fourm) to be able to help u .... we can't see what u see so u r gonna have to explain in detail what u have and what u want that equipment to do
Cadcam Man