Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:38:08 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 toolpath not consistant  (Read 5107 times)

Mach3 toolpath not consistant
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:16:31 AM »
I am having an issue with pockets created in BobCam V21 and routing using Mach3. I get what appears to be arcs that are cut in the wrong direction. I've read several posts regarding the IJ mode. If I toggle between modes I will see the crop circles in one mode so obviously I use the other mode. I've attached a couple of pictures and I'm hoping for a few suggestions on things to try. In letter1.jpg you can see the odd path on the right top of the W. In letter2.jpg and letter4.jpg you see the same letter but the gcode was recreated in BobCam V21. Is there something I need to do in BobCad to make it work?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Ward
Re: Mach3 toolpath not consistant
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:34:33 AM »
you have what know as Crop circle. If you go to your cam side with the code file open. Edit-select all-Genorate from NC. this will put your tool path over your cad file. You will see the path before you cut.
Crop circle are a cad issue. If you zoom in real close on your drawing. you will see the enities and join and need to be trimmed. The line and arc maybe be off by .0001 and this will happen.
To get rid of the issue on you cad drawing selct all go to change menu-reorganize-make arc tangent. This should help
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:54:18 AM »
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:07:44 PM »
I'm having the same problem. Tried your suggestion with no results. I had gcode that cut great & the next time I opened it Mach3 would not cut arcs, all I got were large circles. I Mach3 unstable? Seems like if it cut it properly one time it should cut it again. Any other suggestions?????   I use BobCad/Cam

Thanks

Ron

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 10:53:57 PM »
Make sure that the IJ mode is set correctly  ABS or INC it has to match what your cam POST is useing. If it would run correct one time the mode may have been set wrong the next time you ran it.

Just a thought,

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:59:43 PM »
I dont know what you mean. I didnt change anything, This was within a couple hours form start to finish.