Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:10:48 AM

Author Topic: tool path limit  (Read 568 times)

tool path limit
« on: November 01, 2021, 08:04:12 AM »
New here, lots of questions coming your way.

1. Machine is set up, seams to be operating normally, its homes Ive added the soft limits and adjusted the code so that soft limits are on after homing as per the instructional video. Bryanna mentions to see the path go to the toolpath tab and click "show tool path limits" i have build 4612 which I think is up to date. my toolpath tab has nothing like that and no colour adjustment etc etc. Is there something else to load? On the Trace window I can see the outline of the work area but nowhere else, the main program window only shows red cross.

2 Machine seams to do what I ask of it like homing, jogging, gcode through the MDI, so I think its all ok and am failrly sure i need to adjust Mach4 or my workflow, but when I try to start a job after homing, locating my work position, loading the gcode after I hit cycle start 95% of time all it does is start the spindle and then not move. Any ideas? The odd time it does start it cuts perfect!!!

thanks

ref: ESS MB3 the PC is Win10PRO, but only 4g ram Intel i3
Re: tool path limit
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 12:29:12 AM »
just to clarify your looking for the limits in the machining screen like in mach3 ? on mach 3 you can move your machine axis and when you get to the end of the work surface a red line apears to let you know you at the end of the work . is that what your looking for?
Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC