Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 10:20:01 AM

Author Topic: Tool radius not less than arc radius with comp  (Read 1889 times)

Tool radius not less than arc radius with comp
« on: October 29, 2021, 08:56:35 AM »
Hi Guys, I've just switch from Solidcam to the inbuilt CAM in solid works.

I'm getting the error"-Tool radius not less than arc radius with comp" has anyone got any ideas how I can get around this issue, or what it means?

Regards,

Jim
Re: Tool radius not less than arc radius with comp
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 02:36:46 PM »
Sounds like the radius of the tool you selected is bigger than the radius on the part you are making. Look at the tool radius and the smallest radius in the part and see if there is a problem. If there is a radius on the part that is .0625 inches and the cutter is spec'ed as a .125 radius you need to spec a smaller tool. If you spec a .0625 tool and there is a square corner on the part you need to accept there will be a .0625 radius at that spot or use a tool that has a smaller radius you can live with. Basic rule is that the tool radius has to be smaller than the smallest radius. You can rough out a part with a larger radius and then change to a cutter with a smaller radius if that will save time or increase cutter life. If you need that square corner you can do a tool change to a parting/grooving tool and clean up the corner after the fact.