Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 12:46:38 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 stops all axes and spindle runs at full speed when running any program  (Read 1431 times)

Recently my CNC machine encountered a problem when converting the operating system from XP to win 7.

Before, when using Windows XP, I used Mach3 Version 3.042,040 and found it to be very stable (have been using it for 4 years without any problems as of now). However, when controlling with the keyboard, sometimes the axis have jerks even though they don't lose steps.

Recently my computer has been having problems and I decided to try using Win 7 and found that the stuttering is gone.

However, there is a new error phenomenon, that is when running any program (whether running a long or short program), sometimes there is a phenomenon that when running, the machine suddenly stops, the XYZ axis do not can be controlled by keyboard, the control buttons on the screen have no effect, the spindle automatically switches to the maximum speed.

I tried changing another computer (from Dell 960 to HP 6300 core i5, 120GB SSD, 4GB ram), still using the Mach3 Version 3,042.040 installer, replacing the Windows 7 operating system versions (starter, home basic) , professional, ultimate), install the memoryoverride.reg file, ground all drivers and inverters with the best possible quality, isolate the drive from the axis drivers separately. However, the natural phenomenon of abnormal cessation does occur from time to time.

When such a stop occurs, I turn off Mach3 and then reopen the Mach3 program to control the axes, but the spindle does not run again. The computer must be restarted to control the axis and spindles normally.

Please help me how to fix this problem.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
You are using a very old version of Mach3. You should download and install (over the top of your esisting installation) the later version R3.043 which you can download from here;  https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/mach3-downloads/

(Always make a secure backup of your existing Mach3 folder berore making any new install, then you can always retrieve your settings, screen sets, macros, etc. just in case everything goes pear shaped).

Tweakie.
PEACE
I tried to install V3.043.062 and V3.043.066 by upgrading directly after installing V3.042,040, but both versions have error in tool information (Not displaying information when changing tool). This is very dangerous, so I had to reinstall V3.042,040 to continue using it.

Do you have a way to fix the above error so that you can use the V3.043.********* version?