Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:31:00 PM

Author Topic: Material no longer lining up correctly in Mach3  (Read 1586 times)

Material no longer lining up correctly in Mach3
« on: October 02, 2021, 05:48:49 PM »
Hi,

New user, read through many topics, can't find this one exactly.

Software: Mach3, Fusion 360
Machine: Chinese 3040

I have been using Mach and Fusion together nicely for some time now. Produce CAM in Fusion, run .tap form Mach. Suddenly, my workpiece in the display window of Mach will not show as being within the table parameters. I load g-code (pic 1), my part to be cut is in lower left. I move the spindle to the center of my table, regen path and for a second my spindle location is correct (pic 2). Once Mach is done reloading, the spindle shifts off center again (pic 3). And workpiece never moves to center of table.

I have rechecked my setup in Fusion repeatedly. I have executed a restore settings in Mach. Nothing working. Help?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 05:51:23 PM by Lskuared »
Re: Material no longer lining up correctly in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 10:12:36 PM »
.tap file, maybe there's something I'm missing.

Due to file size, cut into 2 files, A and B. Also saved as .txt accidentally but shouldn't matter for this exercise.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »
File B
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 07:21:36 AM »
Is it an issue with zooming in and out. Click the toolpath window and try to zoom in or out. Try double click and see what happens. Also try to regen tool path.

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 09:07:10 PM »
Your code is using fixture offset G55, is this normal, G54 is default unless you have told Fusion to use G55

The code is massive, I think you need to pick a different pocketing strategy too.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 09:23:07 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 09:10:53 PM »
Your code is using fixture offset G55, is this normal, G54 is default unless you have told Fusion to use G55

Hi Graham,

Yes, I changed it to G55. I haven't taken the time to setup G54. I only have 2.2 inches of Z travel and it was causing soft limit warnings etc. I reviewed some of my previous setups in fusion and it looks like, for this operation,  I changed the WCS unfavorably. Once I indicated zero at bottom left of stock, all is good in the world.