Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 08:45:35 PM

Author Topic: no ip on rex  (Read 11501 times)

Re: no ip on rex
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 12:17:58 AM »
i had the same problem.  first question new out of the box grex.  when you plug in the power cable to the grex do you get one red light on each axis and all of the outputs 1 through 16 should have a red lights?  with no firmware loaded it should stay that way untill firmware is loaded and the and the auto-boot DLM is set to above 3 seconds default setting on mine was zero "out of the box". 
if the grex lights up red and after a few seconds the red lights go out and the run light comes on then there may be a problem with the auto-boot DLM. i am assuming this is a new out of the box grex and this is the first time trying to use it right? if not and you have gotten it to talk with the computer before then disregard.  other wise give gecko a call, i had to send the rabbitcore back to be reloaded there was a problem with one of the new programs they were trying and basicly the grex would boot on it's own and wouldn't allow access to it.  when i got it back, i put it back together ,hooked it up through the home network and every thing was fine.  when i talked to mariss at gecko he said mine was the third one with the problem and i think i ordered mine march 18th.  they discovered that little bug around the same time i called on the 22 of march.

Offline judah

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 08:16:43 AM »
no thaht did not work art.

when powered up only 5 of the axis lights are comeing on sparky

Offline judah

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 09:09:37 AM »
ALL SIX DIR LEDS ON ALL INPUTS ON RUN LIGHT ON THIS IS GREEN ? SHOULD IT NOT BE RED?
NOTHING HAS BEEN SENT  TO IT HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT !
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006, 10:52:52 AM »
sounds like it has a DLM problem if it is going to run mode on it's own.  call gecko monday.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 11:03:34 AM »
Sounds like its not running the firmware, when the thing boots, the RED leds shoudl turn off. (Perhaps they switched to green leds..). Make sure its set to autoboot after 10 seconds..

Art
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 02:42:16 PM »
Take a look in the Tutorial section.  There is a file called G-rex setup for dummies.  It "might" help you out.  I went through alot of what you are going through getting my G-rex talking to the PC.  Mariss and Art helped me out alot.
Steve

Offline judah

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 08:00:30 PM »
tryed  g rex for dummies still no luck.
anynother ideals?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 10:38:17 PM »
Does the LED by the network jack flash after a powerup??

Art

Offline judah

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 10:52:56 PM »
yes you are talking about on led on the 10/100 hub correct?

Offline judah

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 11:04:08 PM »
it blinks once the agine but on the second blink its flshing severel times?
 i sent this back to gecko they said it was working ok mariss said that they dont use the ethernet connection onlly the usb
 would it be better to connect straight to the computer?