Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 10:24:44 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 with TCH3in1 not seeing voltage changes  (Read 854 times)

Mach4 with TCH3in1 not seeing voltage changes
« on: September 14, 2021, 03:34:13 PM »
I just wire up my THC3in1, added the voltage divider, know that it works because I tested with multimeter.  Tried different THC screens in mach4, but not seeing voltage changes I would expect.  Simple question, what screen shows it?  Can someone post a video of it working?

Thanks,
Jared
Re: Mach4 with TCH3in1 not seeing voltage changes
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 04:04:36 PM »
I just wire up my THC3in1, added the voltage divider, know that it works because I tested with multimeter.  Tried different THC screens in mach4, but not seeing voltage changes I would expect.  Simple question, what screen shows it?  Can someone post a video of it working?

Thanks,
Jared

To see the voltage need to add a dro to the screen via edit screen with the register from your THC/plugin/controller or open Diagnostic - Regfile and go to that register.

I don't know what THC3in1 is to help you more.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 05:16:15 PM »
Hello
Can I assume you are using the TMC3in1 on an ESS? if so go to the Warp9 site (home of the ESS and TMC3in1) and get their screen there. Follow their installation instructions and you should be good. They work great for me.
Steve
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 10:57:39 PM »
Thanks, I am using the ESS and a PMDX126.  I followed that setup guide to the "T" i think.  I can get the plasma machine to pierce delay, drop down to cut hight but i'd expect to see a voltage read out on the DRO.  I don't see that.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 11:30:41 PM »
It work great for me so I'm guessing you might need to check your set up again - have you connected it to the correct input and is it set to the right polarity - depending on your plasma cutter the polarity can be reversed - I have a Hypertherm plasma cutter and it's connected reversed to some others.
Steve
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 01:35:15 AM »
Thanks, I am using the ESS and a PMDX126.  I followed that setup guide to the "T" i think.  I can get the plasma machine to pierce delay, drop down to cut hight but i'd expect to see a voltage read out on the DRO.  I don't see that.

http://documentation.warp9td.com/Hardware/TMC3in1/Software_Mach4/e_Screen_Set.htm

You need to use they'r screenset or modify yours with a dro with the register from your plugin with the "actual tip volts".
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 01:46:01 AM »
I got it to work. I had to manually load the TCH3IN1 Screen.  Thanks gang!