Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:26:29 AM

Author Topic: External button scripts in Mach4  (Read 1425 times)

External button scripts in Mach4
« on: September 09, 2021, 04:52:57 AM »
Hi

I am retrofitting 16A20 lathe and using Mach 4 with CSMIO IP-S controller. I built operation panel with push buttons but don´t know how to script the programm.
For START, FEEDHOLD and STOP I´ve got it worked, but need also script for SET Z OFFSET, SET X OFFSET, REF ALL, REF Z, REF X, MDI tab, GCode tab, Fixture Offset, Turn Cycles, Spindle CW, Spindle CWW etc.

Can anyone give some advice or tutorial?

Thanks in advance,
Henri
Re: External button scripts in Mach4
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 05:18:30 PM »
Hi,
all of those features are already included in Mach4. If you go into 'Screen Edit' mode and click on each feature
you will be able to see how NFS coded each.....all you require is to duplicate that for each feature in the SigLib table,
one entry in the table per external button.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 03:45:47 AM »
Hi,
all of those features are already included in Mach4. If you go into 'Screen Edit' mode and click on each feature
you will be able to see how NFS coded each.....all you require is to duplicate that for each feature in the SigLib table,
one entry in the table per external button.

Craig

Thank you, Craig!
I tried to script the REF ALL, but it is giving LUA error. Do you have any examples how do you have it done?

Henri
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 04:23:18 AM »
Hi,
I haven't had any problem with <RefAll>.

What you need to do is assign an input signal, say ISIG_INPUT10 to your external button via your controller.
In the SigLib table whenever that input goes high have it call the existing <RefAll> script, you are just using an external
button to trigger an existing Mach4 function.

Post the error message. You may have noted that the standard <RefAll> script homes all four axes....but if you only have three then
it will fault. You need to go to the RefAll script in the ScreenLoad script and edit the fourth  axis out of the sequence.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 03:02:04 AM »
Hi,
I haven't had any problem with <RefAll>.

What you need to do is assign an input signal, say ISIG_INPUT10 to your external button via your controller.
In the SigLib table whenever that input goes high have it call the existing <RefAll> script, you are just using an external
button to trigger an existing Mach4 function.

Post the error message. You may have noted that the standard <RefAll> script homes all four axes....but if you only have three then
it will fault. You need to go to the RefAll script in the ScreenLoad script and edit the fourth  axis out of the sequence.

Craig

Hi

It gives following Lua error: error while running chunk. Have no idea how to repair it.
I added some pics about the Signal Library and the error.

henri
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 03:20:27 AM »
Hi,
that's what the stack dump is for.

Open your Screenscript.lua and look at line locations 242, 84 and 620. There or there abouts is the error or errors. Note that the Screenscrpit.lua
IS NOT editable, it is the compiled chunk that includes ALL the Lua chunks and macros. You have to go back the the source script to edit it,
thereafter a new Screenscript.lua will be compiled and include the changes you have made.

Craig

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 07:51:53 AM »
If you are just wanting the external button to do what the screen button does then all you need to do is add the script from the screen button to the siglib IE:

Code: [Select]
[mc.ISIG_INPUT5] = function (state)
if (state == 1) then   
wait = coroutine.create (RefAllHome)
    end

end,

But remember you must add some more code to check that the controller is in a state that will allow you to home too

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 04:13:20 AM »
Thank you for advice. ""RefAllHome" works!
Have you anybody an idea how to script SET X and Z OFFSET? Is it right to copy all the script from SETTOOLXOFFSET (Clicked script) to Signal Library or is there any shortcut for that?
And also how to script tabs (between GCode and MDI)?

henri
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 03:22:12 AM »
Hi again

Can someone suggest somebody who is experienced with Mach4 LUA scripting and wants to script some functions in Signal Library?
I´m willing to pay for the work.

Functions that needs to be scripted as inputs are following:
    Pages:
        Program Run
        Turn Cycles
    Tables:
        Tool table
        Fixture Offset
    Tabs:
        GCode
        MDI
    REF X
    REF Z
    REF ALL
    Set X Offset
    Set Z Offset
    Spindle CW
    Spindle CCW
    Jog mode:
        INCREMENTAL
        CONTINOUS
    JOG rate/speed:
        25%
        50%
        75%
        100%

BR,
henri
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2021, 05:52:48 PM »
these functions are of great interest to me too!
were you able to recall MDI via button?