Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:22:09 PM

Author Topic: x axis not sometiimes not working  (Read 1010 times)

x axis not sometiimes not working
« on: September 06, 2021, 09:07:45 AM »
hi, new to cnc and mach3 here.
I have windows 10 running mach3 for a sherline mill.
When I try to run a rectangular pocket the x axis fails to work. Also sometimes when joggin from my keyboard the x axis sometimes fails and have to press the reset button off and on to get it working again. An suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: x axis not sometiimes not working
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 06:49:36 PM »
We need more detail.

e.g. USB, IP, LPT, breakout board and motion controller etc.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 06:51:13 AM »
usb using uc100 controller. KK1 breakout board. Not sure what u mean by IP or LPT. Sorry just a complete novice here.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 05:34:44 PM »
When you say it fails, do you get a high pitch noise or just the axis stops moving?

Some pictures of the control and motor tuning window will help

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 05:36:24 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 05:58:37 PM »
There is no noise, just a very random stopping of axis. The DRO's on mach 3 do continue to show movement although there is none.
When trying to run a loaded programme its the Y axis that sometimes fails to move but there seems no reason for it.
Will attempt to upload some pictures.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 01:11:52 PM »
hi again
Having tried a complete check up of wiring I could not find a problem, so I removed the steppers from my mill for ease and convenience and found the following happening:-

Using my computer keyboard for jogging I found if I use the left hand key first( x direction) and the the up arrow key (y direction) the stepper does not work (although the mach3 dro's do) , the down arrow key works ok. If I use the right hand key first then the everything works as it should.

Trying to put it more simply.....x works in both directions + and -. Y works only in + direction if X is used first in the - direction.
Im not sure if I have explained this correctly but very difficult to explain fully.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 02:45:43 PM »
My apologies but please ignore my previous posts. I have found the problem which was a simple case of configuration incorrect. The motor output step low actives needed to be checked. Hopefully all will be well from now on.
Many thanks for assistance.