Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:20:43 PM

Author Topic: How to properly pause and resume?  (Read 1704 times)

How to properly pause and resume?
« on: September 03, 2021, 03:29:53 PM »
Hiya
So, I might be missing something very important, but each time I press pause, or stop or e-stop to check or if i have to go away from the mill, then each time I try to resume mach3 is shooting away from the part or plunge
down to the bed.
I don't get what is actually happening, it looks like it's loosing a program or something but the coordinates don't changed and didn't jog either. I only click the green button and wreck my tool or part.
Any idea?
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: How to properly pause and resume?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 11:30:46 PM »
It's a long while since I have needed to do this so I may have missed something but I think this is the way...

To pause, press Feed Hold and then when motion ends press Stop.
Note the line number.
To resume, check line number is correct - restart spindle, coolant, etc. then press Start.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 02:52:03 AM »
That's exactly what I do. It newer restart where it left. Normal CNC machines, say when you open the enclosure, you just press cycle start without the need to rezero etc.  I cannot get it to work unless u go to zero, the lone number, start from there etc.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 10:21:12 PM »
Hi,
provided the machine does not move between <FeedHold> then <CycleStart> there is no need to re-zero etc, Mach should carry on
from where it left off, I did so this morning on a job on my mill.

If you move the controlled point after you hit <FeedHold> then you must use the <RunFromHere> procedure. The <RunFromHere>
can and will cause crashes until you learn the procedure and follow it rigorously.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 03:54:12 AM »
So, If i press FEED Hold, mill stops. If i press cycle start, the machie flies away from the work area, crashing etc.
If i press FEED Hold, then Stop and then Cycle start  then i suppose the machine continues where it left ( I`m scared to confirm on a real part so just dry run)

My question is, what is the purpose of the feed hold if the mill mach3 cannot resume from it?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 04:04:48 AM »
Hi,
I suspect you have a fault with Mach3, it should stop on <FeedHold> and resume from the exact same location on
<CycleStart>.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 04:12:28 AM »
I re installed the app as well. Still does the same. Not so sure where to look next.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 06:27:55 PM »
What motion controller are you using?
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 04:53:24 AM »
Parallel port