Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:22:42 PM

Author Topic: DRO Fluctuating after REF ALL HOME  (Read 678 times)

DRO Fluctuating after REF ALL HOME
« on: August 30, 2021, 06:01:05 AM »
Greetings to the CNC world.

Like many of the thread entry’s I have read I am a new user to the world of CNC, I have a back ground in CAD and engineering but new to G codes and all they  control.
I purchased a 1500X1500 Queen Bee table from Bulkman3d complete with the Digital Dream UC300 controller and TB6600 Stepper Drivers. Mach3 was downloaded with the purchase of a full license. For the generation of the G code a license for Fusion 360 was purchased. It’s been an interesting and enjoyable learning curve but this bit has got me stumped…
The main problem I am experiencing is, when I select the REF ALL HOME button in Mach3, all axis (in sequence Z, Y, X) return to the dedicated home position and make contact with the home position switch and move off. The Zero X, Zero Y and Zero Z button all now indicate the green box suggesting the zero position has been calibrated. This is now where it gets interesting, the DRO values start fluctuating, the X and Y values fluctuate from a negative 0.080 to a positive 147.000 and above? Obviously while the DRO is fluctuating the SOFT LIMITS button is not accepted.
I have then attempted the following on several occasions…
•   Push the RESET button so that this is now flashing in Mach3 but the DRO’s are still not stable!
•   Switch off power supply to the UC300 and the drivers with Mach3 still on and the DRO is stable.
•   Switch the power supply back on and again the DRO’s are again fluctuating?
•    Remove the USB cable from the UC300 to the laptop and the DRO is stable.
To get some use of the machine I have found that by switching off Mach3 then switching on again the DRO’s are now stable but the X, Y and Z buttons are no longer green, now red? When the MACHINE COORD’s button is pressed all axis displaying 0.000 and stable. The SOFT LIMITS button can now be selected.
I can then move the router into position against the stock, select Zero X, Zero Y and Zero Z and the machine is ready to run.
I am having further issues during the cutting process with loosing steps and I’m trying different setting with the DIP switches and settings on the motor tuning but I still come back to this unusual operation during the homing sequence and question if this is causing a bigger problem when performing my G codes?
I have sequentially removed the plugs including, Stepper Motors, Spindle Control, and switching inputs to the UC300 but nothing has an effect against the fluctuating of the DRO’s. I sense there was a problem with the UC300 from new but that would not explain why with the power switched OFF then ON that the problem remains? Only switching Mach3 OFF the ON is the DRO stable.
I have searched and read many threads but can find nothing similar to this example.
I have tried this on 2 separate computers with the same result.
I am currently using a Toshiba, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.40 GHz / 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor with 8GB Ram.
Is there a setting I have missed?
I am really looking forward to some suggestions from anyone out there that may have seen this before?
Many thanks in advance.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: DRO Fluctuating after REF ALL HOME
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 07:55:58 AM »
Hi Karlos73,

Unfortunately this forum does not support Novusun / Digital Dream products due to their continued Mach3 license violation. This thread refers; https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=24331.0

You need to contact the supplier of your Digital Dream UC300 equipment and seek their advice on the appropriate Mach3 settings.

In general, the Chinese motion controllers (which have no manufacturers support) seldom work well and you may find that changing to an EU or USA manufactured motion controller (which do have manufacturers support) is the best way forward.

Tweakie.
PEACE