Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:23:22 AM

Author Topic: New Windows 7 PC build and Mach3 moves slow  (Read 694 times)

New Windows 7 PC build and Mach3 moves slow
« on: August 26, 2021, 07:11:45 PM »
So this is the 4th PC I have built for use with Mach3 under Windows 7 and a 6th gen intel CPU (all 4 PC's used the same hardware). This is for older selective soldering and Lead tinning machines we use to built and I support the equipment.
In this build everything communicates and appears to work well except for one major thing, everything while moving is slow. What I mean is if you tell it to travel G01 X1 F1 it should move 1 inch in 1 minute and you can time it except it takes 4 minutes to make this move so we are moving 1/4 speed. Also G04 dwell times are not correct either. If you do a G04 P3 it actually takes about 12 seconds for the dwell to finish. I am running at 25,000Hz.

This build was to replace an old PC. The old PC works just fine and is using the same profile XML from the old PC, actually its an exact copy of the Mach3 folder from the old PC. I have also confirmed all the steps, acc and vel as well.

My only thought is that there is a timing issue with the LPT port or something else is using kernel resources that may be affecting this that is different than the other 3 PC I have setup.

I can confirm that when you tell this machine to move 5" it moves 5" but at 1/4th speed then being called out with the feed speed command.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Offline Filou

•  59 59
    • View Profile
Re: New Windows 7 PC build and Mach3 moves slow
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 01:53:38 PM »
if you issue the command G01 X1 F4, does it perform the 1 inch move 4 times as fast ? and precisely at the speed you would need ?
if so, could it be a silly workaround ?