Hello Guest it is January 28, 2022, 07:27:28 AM

Author Topic: G 93 code  (Read 183 times)

G 93 code
« on: August 24, 2021, 09:18:19 AM »
Attached is a file that i converted with a G93 converter program . It adds separate feed rates for the A axis, when i run it in Mach 4.2.0.4612 , the A axis runs at the file feed rate , not at a separate rate for "A" .Does something have to be changed in Mach 4  , for it to recognize G93 code??

Thanks

Ed
Re: G 93 code
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 09:49:04 AM »
... a stab in the dark here.... I notice that in your G code uses only the LF (line feed) character between blocks. There is no space character or CR (carriage return) between the numeric value for F and the following G code. This is normal for Linux text files but might be confusing the Mach4 G code parser. G93 requires a F code for EACH block and Mach4 might be considering all your G code moves as being in the same block.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.
Re: G 93 code
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 09:06:46 AM »
I found that in the motor tuning , with a new profile created for wrapping , you have to increase the feed rate and accel rate for the A axis and then the A axis will work much fasted. I ran the example file and it cut correctly and much faster, it did not affect the normal feed rate .

Thanks for all the reply's

Ed